Wednesday 30 October 2013

Stephanie Barnard Stand-Ups Boy's Birthday Card

Carrying on with the family birthday cards, with one for my nephew Ethan.
I had the 'Boys will be Boys' Cricut cartridge box out still from making Dan's card, and the picture of the baseball boot on it caught my eye. I cut out the boot and letters from the cartridge.
I thought a nice base card for it would be Stephanie Barnard's new Sizzix Movers and Shapers Square Stand-ups card. This is a really easy die to use - it puts all the folds and cuts in that you need.
 I used a circle framelits die to create a background for the boot, and added some stars cut with Tim Holtz's Crescent Moon and Stars die.
The space under the stand-up part of the card provides a good place to write your message.
I used a Signo White Uni-ball pen for it, and added some stitching detail round the lettering and to the boot with it too.

Some of products used:


   

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great card for a fellow - that running show is perfect!
    Cheers,
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun card, loving these new dies!

    ReplyDelete