Tuesday 29 October 2013

Pop 'n Cuts Chevron Male Birthday Card

There seem to be flurry of family birthdays around this time of year - this time I have made a birthday card for my brother-in-law, Dan.
I used Karen Burniston's A2 Pop 'n Cuts base with Circle Label, along with a super embossing folder from her new 'Snippets' collection, which embosses a great chevron pattern around the pop-up part, and adds some nice decoration to the label part too.
I also used Karen's new Chevron Border Decorative Strip, for the red card stock borders.
Dan cycles a lot, so I added bikes from the Sizzix/Hero Arts Framelits Bicycle set. The arrow die and sentiment stamp are also from this set. I backed the whole card onto a larger sheet of black card stock.
 I used the Boys will be Boys Cricut cartridge for 'DAN', and also added a gorgeous little polaroid camera (from the Die-namics 'Cute Cameras' die set), because Dan is a photography and camera enthusiast. The polaroid picture coming out, is from Sizzix Framelits Instant set.
The card front is pretty simple, with just a strip cut from the chevron border die, and some writing using the Signo White Uni-ball pen, which incidentally I think is the best opaque white pen going (and I've tried quite a few.) Dan's a doctor, and the googly eyes are a nod to the fact he is now training as an eye surgeon.

Some of the products used:


   

5 comments:

  1. Love the chevrons & that little Polaroid! Congrats on DT for Purple Onion. What a beautiful card you made for Georgia, the clouds, fence & sign are perfection. As always your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're like the "card whisperer". I mean - you always make the PERFECT CHOICES for colors and embellishments. It's like I designed that embossing folder to be used for this exact card. It's amazing. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a nice thing to say Karen, thank you! It does help that you make such great products :)

      Delete
  3. Way cool card, Helen! I adore that little camera, and the way you completely personalized the card. Fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete