Tuesday 4 September 2018

Karen Burniston's Design Team 'House' Challenge: Pop-Up New Home Card

It's Karen Burniston's Design Team Challenge today, and the theme is 'House'!
Karen's house dies have always been among my favourite ever die sets, and I used two of them for this card - the House & Fence Pop-up, and the new House Pivot Panels die set.


I used the floating floor and large house from the House & Fence Pop-up set, then added some hand cut hills to the back of the card, and some smaller houses from the House Pivot Panels set.
All of the papers are from Carta Bella's Flora 2 12x12 and 6x6 pads.

I added some shrubbery to one pop-up piece in the floating floor, cut from the cloud/tree die that comes in the House Pivot Panels set. On the right hand pop-up piece, I added a tree from the Tree Pop-up die set. I cut down the tree trunk and branches to create a smaller tree, and used the cloud/tree die again for the foliage.

The card front features the house from the House & Fence Pop-up die set again, with 'happy' from the Word Set 7 - Autumn die set.
The stamp is from Reverse Confetti's 'Whole Lotta Happy' set.

Finally, I added some Ovals - Crosshatch, for a space to write a message.

 Product Links:



4 comments:

  1. I love this card, Helen! I love the papers you use on your cards. I will have to learn more about floating floor cards! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kren! There's a floating floor die in the House & Fence die set, which can be used in any card and with any decoration. I'd never done any till I got that set - it makes it super easy!
      I love buying patterned papers!!! It's my favourite hobby!

      Delete
  2. What a great card! I have not used the floating floor element yet, but you have inspired me to give it a try. I am in total agreement with your hobby of buying beautiful paper! And now buying as many of Karen’s dies as I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card design, I love all the dimension and coordinating colours, and fabulous attention to details!

    ReplyDelete