Tuesday 6 March 2018

Karen Burniston Design Team Challenge - Cake Pop-Up Birthday Card

 The theme for this month's Karen Burniston Design Team Challenge is 'Coffee and Cake', and I chose to use the Cake Pop-up die set to make this card for my Mum. I absolutely love this die set!

I used textured cream card stock for the card base, and cut a circle from paper-backed wood, which I cut in half to reduce bulk along the fold line. (I used a similar coloured Copic marker to colour in along the crease.)
All the patterned papers are from Graphic 45's 'Botanical Tea' 8x8 and 6x6 pads.

For the cake, I added some trim cut from glitter card to each layer, with dies from the Cake Trim set.
I glued two cocktail sticks to the middle tier, and tied some natural twine between them, then glued hand-cut bunting flags to the twine.

I added some patterned paper to the card base, then decorated the edges with leaves and flowers cut from the Flowers and Bee die set. The flower centres are made with Nuvo Crystal Drops in Bubblegum Blush.

Even with all the incredible dimension, the card folds down really well! I love the mechanism so much!


 For the card front, I used Karen's Happy Birthday die, and the Mum die from Sizzix's 'Female Occasions' die set.

I also thought I'd share this card in the Crafty Cardmakers Floral Delight challenge.

Links to Products:
 


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty floral card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever card - I think the pop up on this really works. I love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete