Saturday 4 March 2017

Sizzix Stephanie Barnard Framelits Happy Birthday Drop-Ins Cards

 A couple of days ago I received a rather lovely package in the mail from Stephanie Barnard, full of dies she's designed for Sizzix and The Stamps of Life!

I'd recently spotted the Sizzix Framelits Happy Birthday Drop-Ins die set, and thought it looked great, so I was delighted to see Stephanie had included it.

As with lots of Stephanie's other die sets, they enable you to make a card pretty quickly - and this set is no exception - I love it!
You can use the die set with a standard size Bigshot and cutting pads, but it would probably be easier using an extended cutting platform and cutting pads. I found it easiest to just use the shadow Happy Birthday die on a pre-folded blank card.
Then it's just a case of adding the lovely large Happy Birthday words. (I die cut this twice from different patterned papers, stuck one down, then cut some of the letters from the other pattern and glued them on top.)

I added a party hat using dies from the Sizzix Triplits Party Hats die set, and some ribbon round the card fold, and that's it!

It was so quick, I made another one... 

Inside the cards, I added a panel of co-ordinating patterned paper, which you can see round the edges when the card is closed, and also a smaller layer of white card for writing a message. The message panel is hidden when the card is closed.

Stephanie had also included two more die sets which are a similar concept to the 'Happy Birthday' Drop-Ins - the 'It's a Party' and 'Thank You' Drop-Ins. I made cards with them too, and also with the Sizzix Framelits Horizontal Card Front Drop-Ins die set, which has the beautiful 'Congratulations' font included. I'll show these other cards in more detail in separate blog posts.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing some of Stephanie's latest products! I love how easily they lend themselves to bright, bold designs!

Links to products used:


   

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Helen I love that Happy Birthday one!!!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all her products. I have many of them and I am also a club member each month I receive stamp and coordinated dies

    ReplyDelete