Sunday 24 April 2016

Papertrey Ink Cat & Smooched Distress Ink Birthday Card

The third card I made yesterday features a cat die and stamp from Papertrey Ink.

I made the background panel by 'smooching' Distress Inks. To do this, I put a few dabs of ink from the pad onto a non-stick craft sheet, spritzed it with water, and then lifted up some of the ink with a clear acetate sheet. I then dabbed the ink down onto my white cardstock.
I liked doing it this way (rather than just rubbing the white cardstock directly into the ink) because it gives you greater control with where you put the ink, and you can see what's going on.
I did this four times with four separate inks: Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed.

For the cat, I die cut white card, stamped the cat on it, then stamped the cat two more times on patterned paper, and cut round one for the whole body, and another for just the head which I attached with foam pads.
 For the 'Happy Birthday', I put wide double sided tape from Elizabeth Craft Designs onto black cardstock, and die cut it with a Paper Smooches Birthday Words die, and stuck them down, along with a couple of sequins.
I coloured a piece of white cardstock with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, to create the orange border, then stuck this with foam pads to a pink card base.

Product Links:


   

1 comment: