Tuesday 14 October 2014

Karen Burniston's October Designer Challenge Lorna Label Cowboy Birthday Card

Karen Burniston's October's Designer Challenge is to 'Make it Manly!' and focus on cards for the men and boys in our lives.
The timing is pretty great, because I have numerous male relatives' birthdays this month... I decided to work on a card for my Brother-in-law, Dan.

Looking through my papers, this October Afternoon paper caught my eye, and so I came up with a rather cowboy themed card!
I used Karen's Lorna Label die set, to cut the pop-up part with. I love the Lorna Label, because it creates such a large pop-up area to work with - in this case I covered it with some denim patterned paper, and added some large chipboard glitter letters.

 I used a 'happy birthday' rub-on, onto a wooden speech bubble, and a fabric 'brother' tag embellishment.

On the card front, I added a trim made with Karen's Outdoor Edges die set - I thought the little trees were quite in keeping with the theme.
I just added a simple hand cut tag, on foam pads for more message space.

Lastly, I added some patterned paper borders at the bottom of the cad, and another label cut from the Lorna Label set. I rounded off the corners of the card with a Zutter Round-it-all.

Some of the products used:


   

3 comments:

  1. Great card for the challenge, Helen. Love the denim addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhhhh what a fun fun card ... love those papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are always great and this is no exception!! Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete