Monday 6 January 2014

'Lucy Label Pop-up' Thank You Card from Karen Burniston's new Pop it Ups

Yesterday I showed you the new 'Garden Bench Pop-up' die from Karen Burniston's new 'Pop it Ups' range for Elizabeth Craft Designs, and today I want to show you a card made with another of the new Pop-up dies - this time the 'Lucy Label Pop-up'.

It's a lovely feminine label design, which also has an extra pop-up part incorporated onto the shelf.

Karen's new Pop-up dies let you put the pop-up mechanism into any card, so I chose to use a pre-scored card from Pebbles' 'From Me to You' collection for my card base. (More things from my lovely new Christmas stash!!)

I just wanted to show you close up what one of the die sets looks like when all the pieces have been snipped apart. You can use snippers (which will also be sold by Elizabeth Craft Designs), or strong scissors for the job. If the little bumps left over from snipping bother you at all, they can easily be filed off. (I think a file will also be available from ECD.) 
Each of the dies comes with extra decorator pieces included!

I wanted to cover the whole of the popped-up label in a different paper, so I used the mechanism part again to cut the big label shape, and then used one of the decorator dies for a smaller label.


Before adding a couple of stickers from the co-ordinating Pebbles card stock sticker pack, I cut down the top edge of the inside card layer with one of Karen's new border dies from the 'Agatha Edges' set.
I finished off by backing the card in some plain card stock, and adding a washi tape border with another of the decorator dies and a heart from the Sizzix Owls#2 Bigz die.

Products used:

(Karen's new dies are with Elizabeth Craft Designs, who retail in many countries including the UK and Australia, so when they start reaching the shops later this month look out for them, or ring up your local retailer now and request them. Elizabeth Craft Designs will be at booth #441 at CHA, so if you are going, have a look first hand at the dies, and lots of wonderful sample cards.)


   

2 comments:

  1. This card is so happy! And I love that you started from a pre made card - that's another wonderful bonus of Pop it Ups - the fold goes all the way across the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome Helen, perfect paper for that image too.

    ReplyDelete