Sunday 1 September 2013

'The Stamps of Life' New Release

 A little while ago I was delighted to be invited to join the design team for Stephanie Barnard's 'The Stamps of Life'!
The company makes good quality clear stamps, as well as many exclusive coordinating dies and other craft products, plus sells Stephanie's range of Sizzix dies. There is a Stamps of Life monthly club, which sends a new stamp set out to members at the beginning of each month, (plus other perks throughout the year!) and I should also mention the brand new 'Die Hard' club, for club members who wish to receive a coordinating die set each month too... be warned though that there is a waiting list in place for this at the moment, due to such a high initial demand.

So, this month the new club stamp set is called 'lights4christmas'. 
Here are some cards which I made using the new stamps, and co-ordinating dies. You can find plenty more ideas incorporating each of The Stamps of Life stamp sets, in the gallery.

For the first card, I stamped the fairy lights bulb three times, and coloured the images with Copic pens. For the wire, I wound some thin wire around a pen, and flattened the coil, then stuck it down with Beacon's 3-in-1 craft glue.

 My next card uses some Tim Holtz tinsel for the fairly lights wire, and, as well as die cutting the whole of the lights, I also die cut just the bulb parts too, and stuck them on with foam pads. The bulbs were heat embossed with glittery embossing powder, and I added hand cut 'reflections'.
I like how The Stamps of Life die sets often have dies in them for the various different stamped elements, not just one outline die.

Another quite simple card, with a dry embossed background, and using the separate dies for the bulbs and screw parts.

And finally a card using the Fancy Frame Flip-its die, with a single bulb, heart cut from Sizzix Owl #2, and frames from Sizzix Framelits Fancy Frames #5.
The back of the flip-open part, with another of the sentiments from the stamp set.
(Excuse the drastically disappearing photo... I was experimenting with blurring edges on Photoshop the other night!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm fairly new to 'The Stamps Of Life' stamps, but I'm hooked. Congrats on being on Stephanie's design team!! That means I can look forward to your creations and inspiration using those stamps too! Woot!
    My favourite of all your DT cards (of course) is the Flip-It. Beautiful work, Helen!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete