Monday 29 April 2013

Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts Minion Card!

The sun is shining, I'm in a great mood... it must be time for a MINION CARD!!
Our family loves the film 'Despicable Me' and the Minion characters, so I thought it'd be fun to make a pop-up one. I cut out by hand the body parts (except for the glasses and eyes which used various circle punches), using Cutter Bee scissors, which are brilliant for detailed work. I used Karen Burniston's Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts die for the card base, with Cuttlebug 'Seeing Spot' embossing folder. The 'Happy Birthday' is cut with Cricut 'Base Camp' cartridge.
I lightly inked the edges of all the pieces and card base with black Tim Holtz Distress Ink, and used my ATG gun to stick together the larger parts (it's wonderful glue - very strong), and a fine glue pen for the smaller paper piecing.
I love that by happy accident my minion peeps over the top of the card...
Yep... makes me happy!
My daughter (who is off school today with crazy diabetic blood sugars) has already bagsied the card for her birthday (in October!!)
I'll put it in the Simon Says Stamp 'Anything Goes' Challenge.

(Realised afterwards I did the eyes a bit wrong - they should have white backgrounds instead of yellow.... just a note in case anyone is inspired to make their own!)

Some of Products used:

   

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is FANTASTIC!!! I LOVE Despicable Me, literally counting down the days til the second one comes out :D :D My boyfriend and I are going to Universal Studios in Orlando in December, the amount of Despicable Me merchandise I am going to buy is ridiculous haha :D

    I saw this card over at Simon Says Stamp challenge, it jumped out at me straight away haha, I just had to come and say how amazing it is :D

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally can't wait till Despicable Me 2 comes out too!! Jealous of your trip! And thank you!

      Delete
  2. My crafting is despicable compared to yours. This. Rocks. My. World.!!! Glad it gave your daughter a smile and I hope her sugars are regulated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the minions! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK!!!! This is so amazingly awesome!!! I am totally in love with this card! That is one of my favorite movies and your ROCKED THIS!!!! I love it! I'm gushing, I know, but I really do love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally awesome card, Helen! Love how he peeps out of the closed card - too cute!!! Thanks for the inspiration - I just had to make one with some mini minions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there dear Helen,
    WOW oh MY this little Minion is totally FANTASTICLY, AWESOMELY, SPECTACULALY, (umm not sure that word works...) but you know what I'm saying!!! This is one of the coolest cards EVER!!!! Well done Helen!!! YOu've rocked this card and it will most certainly be treasured!!!!!
    Smiles SHarnee :)
    p.s if you like to join in on challenges we'd love to have you play over at Perfectly Rustics, it's a new challenge site and be great to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, You are so AWESOME!!! I LOVE this card! I can't wait for #2 the movie also! I really have so much fun doing punch art. I have joined this site and so happy to be able to see your work! Thanks again Hon! I will Pray for your Daughter to be able to handle her blood sugar's to get regulated soon Hon. God Bless Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Victoria, I really appreciate it! xx

      Delete
  8. my feeble attempt at minion card is just posted to my blog, I prefer yours ;)

    Cazx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is super cute! I used it for inspiration for my own minion card. Thanks for sharing this great ideas.
    http://keithaschaos.blogspot.com/2014/03/feeling-bit-crafty.html

    ReplyDelete