Sunday 18 March 2012

Mothers' Day Hydrangea Cupcakes

I made these hydrangea cupcakes for my Mum for Mother's Day - my family had a get-together today - 19.5 of us - great fun!
After the cakes were cooked, I scooped out some of the cake and filled it with jam, then piped on the flowers. I made up some icing, from butter, icing sugar, melted white chocolate and a little double cream. I split the mixture, colouring half in lilac, and half in the turquiose (it was meant to be blue, but the yellow of the butter changed it to a kind of toothpaste colour! I know that I could use shortening to keep the base icing white, but I really prefer the flavour of butter too much.) The two colours then got put in the same piping bag, and I hoped for the best! I quite like how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment