Tuesday 17 March 2009

Papertake Weekly Challenge and Daring Cardmakers Challenge Card (plus another one!)

The challenge at Papertake Weekly is to have something edible on your card (not literally...though that does give me some ideas having said that!). I combined that with the Ready Steady recipe challenge at DCM to use 3 different papers, plus other bits. I really enjoyed making this one - there was nothing worth watching on the telly last night, and so I had a really good old play (along with my oversize headphones and MP3 player). I stamped the cupcake background with watermark ink and added stickles, and the chipboard frame and cupcake are Sizzix cut. The notepad edge is made using a Stampin Up punch.
I've been re-organizing the dining room cupboards and drawers recently too, and found this watercoloured Magnolia image I did ages ago, so I finished up a card to stick it onto to.
I should be at playgroup helping out at the moment, but they sent me home as I couldn't stop coughing. I'm getting fed up of this cold now. As soon as I got back home my daughter's school rang me to say that on the way to school this morning, she has somehow managed to lose her lunch and a big book pouch full of flute music out of her bag!! How on earth do you manage that?! I will have to go and have a drive along the route in a bit and see what I can find. The life of a mother is never dull.

7 comments:

  1. Love the yummy cupcake card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, love the stitching on the cupcake card. :) Hope the coughing stops too, mine are off school today with dreadful coughs.

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah kids keep you busy all day. Hope you found your daughters stuff along the way. Gorgeous cards again and TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards - love the cupcake,

    My dad lost a huge folder full of sheet music one Christmas and despite searching the venue, at home and everywhere else he could possibly have lost it it never did reappear - I hope you have beeter luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Love how you have popped your image up on the cupcake card! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards love them both so pretty and lovely colours.

    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both lovely cards! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete