Saturday 29 November 2014

Purple Onion Designs' Stacey Yacula Stamps & Copic Airbrush - Snowy Winter Night Christmas Card

A short while ago I treated myself to a new toy - the Copic Airbrush system (Set 1), and some masking film (I'll do a post at some point with more details about the airbrushing set and techniques), and this is my first card using it.
I stamped the background scene first, then masked it out, and airbrushed the sky. After peeling off the masking, I added some colour to the house, snow and trees with Copics, and then added the snow, using a Frantage set (I sprinkled chunks of embossing powder on, then heated them from underneath, so they didn't get blown off.)
I then added some glitter to wet glue, and added a hand-cut bunny on foam pads.
The sentiment is on a Tim Holtz banner.

All the stamps are from Purple Onion Designs, who currently have a brilliant sale on, with 25% off ALL STAMPS till 10th December. They also have a selection of stamps with even more off, in the Black Friday-Cyber Monday Sale!!


Here's a close-up showing some of the different textures in the card, a bit better.
I'm pretty excited to have a go at some more airbrushing anyway!

Some of the products used:


   

3 comments:

  1. fantastic and amazing! loooove this card. it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - the colours are gorgeous and it is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scene! Beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete