The DCM challenge to use some kind of Music on your card had me thinking... I liked the idea of blasting the message out, so came up with this, and combined it with Cute Card Thursday's challenge to use Numbers or Letters. I used K&Co Amy Butler papers, a cornet printed on cardstock, from a music font on Dafont (tonnes of great free fonts!), and Autumn Leaves and SU stamps.
Friday, 15 May 2009
Tuesday, 12 May 2009
I adapted the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch to make this birthday card for my nephew. I used a white uniball pen for the stitching details and put some of the segments up on foam pads. The papers were old DCWV glitter ones, and just other scrap stuff.
Friday, 8 May 2009
I'm making some Thank you's for my birthday at the moment - this one is using the CPS sketch - for the circle in the sketch, I cut a window using a Sizzix Clearlit, and glued on a string of buttons I had threaded together. The card is all from DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies, with Stickles coating the butterfly punchies. I don't know what it is with me and orange at the moment...I used to NOT like orange, but I've used it on every card lately!
Thursday, 7 May 2009
I started off with a really loud MAMBI paper for the background of this sketch, and when I added the extra panels it looked too much, so I made one of the panels from clear acetate and stamped on some simple Stampin Up images instead. The acatate is stuck on with mini foam pads, which are hidden with dots from a Doodlebug glitter alphabet. I used some Doodlebug Sugar coating at the top and bottom edges of the card too. I seem to really be into glitter and bright colours lately!
Wednesday, 6 May 2009
I had fun making this one - lots of sparkles (using Stickles), and free-hand rainbow and flower. The flower is kind of meant to be like the sun to go with the rainbow. I put acrylic paint round the edges and sprinkled white glitter on while it was still wet. The rainbow and leaves are stuck on with about 300 mini foam pads! (Slight exaggeration...)
Tuesday, 5 May 2009
The postlady bought me some new Gel-a-tin stamps today, and some Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating Glitter, so I hade a nice little play on this card. I stamped the Stampin' Up quote with Staz On, onto acetate, and stuck it onto the card with a chopped up foam pad. I hid the foam by glueing gems over the top. You can't see it too well, but I finger-painted the edges of the card with acrylic paint and sprinkled more Sugar Coating on while it was still wet, so it's quite a sparkly card. Some of the other glitter details were done using Stickles.