Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Sizzix Flip-its & Elizabeth Craft Designs Hydrangea & Hollyhocks Card

Some friends and I drove to the beautiful city of Ely today to meet up with another friend, to celebrate our May birthdays. I made this card for her.

From Elizabeth Craft Design's lovely Soft Finish Cardstock, I cut the card base, using the Sizzix Circle Flip-its Card #4 die set. I cut the patterned card layers with the same die set from a Prima 6x6 pad.
I added a Memory Box Darla Butterfly, cut from a mottled pink vellum, and just stuck down in the centre, so the wings lift up.

For the centre of the card, I made a hydrangea, using Susan's Garden Hydrangea die set, from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I used their wonderful quality metal tool kit and molding pad to shape the flowers and put veins on the leaves. I added some colour to the petals and leaves with Susan's Garden PanPastels from Elizabeth Craft Designs too. (The PanPastels are SO nice to use! Really soft and blendable, but not as dusty as normal pastels.)

I used the same equipment along with Elizabeth Craft Design's Hollyhocks die set, for an additional flower on the card. I love how they turned out!

Product Links:


Saturday, 7 May 2016

Stampin' Up Flower Patch Sizzix Card in a Box

I spent a bit of time stamping and die cutting these flowers and leaves from Stampin' Up's Flower Patch set the other night, then assembled them onto Sizzix's Card in a Box yesterday, for a friend's birthday.

You can make a bit more sense of the card from this angle - I die cut three partitions for inside the 'box', and stuck various flowers on all the surfaces. For a couple of the flowers, I added clear acetate strips to the front partition, and stuck the flowers to the acetate, so the flowers 'float'.

I used another Stampin' Up set for the sentiment and hand cut a tag, using a Crop-o-dile to make a hole and adding a brad.

Another angle to show the layers.

And finally, just to prove that the card can actually fold down flat, ready to fit in an envelope!
(You can see the acetate strip which the smaller coral and pink flowers on the left-hand side are stuck to, in this picture. I also stuck the sentiment label to the same acetate strip.)
I used adhesive foam pads and ATG tape runner to do all the sticking.

Links to some of products: