Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Elizabeth Craft Design May Designer Challenge Card

The Designer Challenge for the Elizabeth Craft Design Team this month, is to create a flat card - as in no Pop-ups this time! 

I used a linen textured background card, and made a blue frame using the Oval Flourish Frame Edge dies.
I used the Oval Accordion Card die to create the inner coral oval, by snipping off the tabs which attach it to the rest of the panel.
I cut four rose leaves from the Rose die set, and in the top left hand corner, layered two of these with a Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon bow (which I coloured in with the same Copic pen as I used for the central roses.)
For my sentiment, I stuck a die cut 'Hello' onto a small rectangle of clear acetate with a glue pen, and then glued this to the bow. (I thought the acetate would make the word die cut a bit more stable.)


For the centre of the card, I used a Roses in Oval peel-Off Sticker, coloured it with Copic pens and cut out by hand.
Lastly, I added the other two rose leaves, and a layered butterfly in the bottom right hand corner, and a tiny layered butterfly (from the Butterfly Pivot Card set) to the top left.


Products used:


   

3 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! The colors on the roses and butterfly are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful creation! The colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Helen! So nice! Xx

    ReplyDelete