Saturday 18 May 2013

Hot Chocolate card using Pop 'n Cuts 'Mug & Heart' Insert from Journey Collection


 When I first saw pictures of Karen Burniston's new Journey collection of Sizzix cutters, I really loved the look of this 'Mug & Heart, 3-D' Pop 'n Cuts insert... it is so much fun! 
We aren't tea or coffee drinkers, so I immediately thought of a hot chocolate themed card. I used the new Square Card Pop 'n Cuts base die, and layered the fancy edge on it a couple of times.
 For the mug part itself, I added the little hearts from the new 'Flower & Heart' Magnetic die set (which has got to be one of my favourite ever dies!!) I love how there is an opening in the mug insert, which allows you to add lots of the smaller magnetic Movers and Shapers dies to the design of the mug!
I used some adhesive foam stuff (I think it's for lining drawers with, or something) to cut mini marshmallows from, and then added some glittery steam wisps, also from the 'Flower & Heart' magnetic set.
The sentiments I printed from the computer, and the chocolatey themed paper is from K&Co 'cutNpaste'.
I did a simple design on the front of the card (and even a little bit on the back! - that is a first for me!) The pink scrolly pieces are from Karen's new 'Edge & Scroll' Bigz die, and are going to make decorating the new Square Pop 'n Cuts base card really easy.
I made a little pocket on the front too, to hold a sachet of hot chocolate - a nice little extra for someone feeling a bit under the weather. The gift tag I cut from the new 'Wavy Labels' Framelits, and punched  a whole for some twine, and added a heart cut from the 'Flower & Heart' magnetic die.
I made the pocket by scoring some card as follows, and making a little bottom piece, and sticking it all together with my Scotch ATG tape runner. The card is quite bulky, but easy enough to post in a padded envelope.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous idea to add marshmallows and make it look like hot chocolate - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, you make the cutest cards! I would never have given these dies a second look if it weren't for your super cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ♥ Whole is Love of steam to !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love the marshmallows and your chocolate filled pocket. KY marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! SO CUTE! The mug and all its accessories are must haves! Already have some of the line on backorder! Cant wait until my box of Karen Journey goodies is at my back door!

    ReplyDelete