Friday 17 May 2013

Butterfly Card with dies from Karen Burniston's new 'Journey' collection

Was I just a little bit excited when I got home this afternoon, and found this package waiting for me? Errr..... YES!!!!!!!!!
All of Karen Burniston's new 'Journey' collection for Sizzix, which is due in the shops next month!!
It is just the most fantastic assortment of Pop 'n Cuts dies, accompanying Bigz, Sizzlit, Movers & Shapers and Framelit dies, plus some gorgeous Textured Impressions Embossing folders.
I've had kids to run all over the place this afternoon, which goes to show just how easy the dies are to use and put together a card from... this was a very quick card, made in between rushing around.
(I apologise for the atrocious lighting and photos - it has been so gloomy and dull here today.)
The card uses the new Pop 'n Cuts 'Card, Square with Ornate Edge' base die. It is wider and shorter than the original Pop 'n Cuts base die, which I really like, and it also cuts the scrolly end pieces...bonus!
 I used the base die with the new 'Butterfly Window, 3-D' insert, and it not only makes the beautiful pop-out butterflies inside, but the larger butterfly becomes part of the front of the card too. This is brilliant, as I am so lazy about decorating the outside of my Pop 'n Cuts cards! I literally just added a piece of card to cover the opening created when the butterflies are cut, and a couple of glitter swirls from Tim Holtz's 'Festive Greenery' die.
 I then added a couple of layers of vellum butterflies, cut with Karen's new 'Butterflies & Labels' Bigz die. They are just a little smaller than the background butterflies, so you get a nice frame around them.
I also used the old 'Bookplates, Traditional' Sizzix Originals die, to house the stamped sentiment.
 Lastly I added a few more swirls to the larger butterfly, and some pearls. I will definitely be using these dies a lot in the future - love them! Karen Burniston has well and truly done it again!!

9 comments:

  1. The whole "come through a window and decorate the front, too" is my favorite part of the Butterfly and Label inserts - I always start with the inside and then have to figure out what to do on the front - not with these two - bingo! Instacard! LOVE your beautiful color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!
    Lucky you! Would love to come home to a box full of Karen Burninston's dies!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this: got to check and see if the store I deal with has this die coming in with butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so lucky! :-)

    Yeah you!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky - Yes - but so TALENTED!!!
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That would have been a fun package to open!! I can't wait to see what you make with those. You are the perfect person to get all of those dies, since you make the best pop up cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow,wow!!! Can't wait to come play:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful parcel to open... Who wouldn't love that?
    Greetings from Scotland,
    Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  9. what papers did you use? they are gorgeous! your card is just out of this world.

    ReplyDelete