Sunday 19 May 2013

Pop 'n Cuts 3-D Chair card

I made this card using another of Karen Burniston's new Pop 'n Cuts inserts, from her Journey collection, the '3-D Chair' - another super fun one!!
I have an arm chair and chaise longue here at home in a very similar fabric to the fabric-effect paper which I used on this little armchair, and the whole scene sprung up around that.
The papers are First Edition's 'Floral Pavilion', and I used Crate Paper's 'Pretty Party' for the little girl in the Melissa Frances frame, and the woodgrain paper.
I also used the companion 'Foyer Set' of Textured Impressions embossing folders. I used them to emboss different pieces of cardstock, which I cut out and added Tim Holtz Distress Paint to, and then layered up on foam pads. This created the little side table, lamp, and rug. (I added silver Liquid Pearls to the lamp pull, to make it look like a chain.)
 I made a little tea tray, with cupcake on a plate by hand, and added a handwritten note.
 I also added little birthday cards to the side table... cards within a card! (I'll probably take great delight in writing tiny messages in them once I've decided who the card is for... I'm easily pleased!)
For the pillow, I put the cardstock on the blank foam area of a Bigz die, and used a ball tool to sculpt it a bit, then I put several foam pads behind it, to keep it 'plumped up' and then tape runner round the edges to stick it down. I put a little slit in it, to fit round the arm of the chair.
Dies from the Karen's new Journey collection should be in shops by the first week of June. They are brilliant!!
As the papers were almost all from 6x6 pads I'll put the card into Simon Says Stamp & Show's 'A little paper' challenge.
I used Distress ink round the edges of each piece, did lots of paper piecing, and used dry embossing - to go along with Crafty Cardmaker's Challenge to use three different techniques.


Products used:

   

15 comments:

  1. Helen...your pop up card is absolutely adorable! That new Karen Burniston die cut is so cute and you've done such a beautiful job with it. I love the papers you've used and all of the dimension you've added. That "pillow" on the back of the chair, the rug on the floor and the little tray with the sentiment on it are way cute! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. GULP! You're so good I feel utterly out crafted every time I visit your blog. The cards on the table....BRILLIANT!!! And that tray! And the pillow! Awesomely awesome to the very most awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut up! This is just FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and knew you'd do a great job with this little chair! It's so cute! I like how you used the embossing folders to cut out the cute little accessories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this. What a fabulously different card. I adore the little scene you have created here. Fabulous

    Thank you for joining us with this great creation

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it, love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card...need the dies! Do you know where they are coming in the first week of June...I will be in line to buy them...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't tell you how much I love this card. The colors are great and all the little special embellishments are "too cute". Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!! This is so brilliant!! I just want to sit down in that chair right now and eat the little cutie cupcake :) lol Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic scene, its got so many details and so much to look at. Thank you for sharing it with us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab scene, such detail! Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally amazing card! Thanks for sharing it!

    Come and see what I've done lately! Kren@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an incredible piece. Such a lot of work has gone into this. It's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love all the details, especially your hand made little tray and note, and the cards in the card, and the pull chain on the lamp ...!! I'm so glad I bought this die yesterday when I took Karen Burniston's amped up pop n cuts class at my LSS. Thanks for the inspiration on how to use it to the max!

    ReplyDelete