Monday 9 April 2012

Easter Cake

I made a fruit cake some weeks ago (because I was mourning the last of my Christmas cake), and happily, its maturing coincided with Easter, so here is my Easter cake.
I only got round to decorating it last night after the kids went to bed, but no-one else likes fruit cake in the family, so actually it's just for me!
 It was my first go at what I would call a 'proper cake', so I covered the cake board in fondant (ready-to-roll) icing first, and had a go at making large roses, with CMC powder added to fondant icing, to make it a bit firmer to work with. The roses had set nice had hard by this morning. The cake has a layer of natural marzipan under the icing.
 I glued some cardboard flags to thread, and tied them to bamboo kebab sticks, for the bunting.
 And then the best bit... getting to eat it!

4 comments:

  1. Your cake and roses are absolutely beautiful!
    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly beautiful cake Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your cake is awesome! Very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful creation by you once again!! I just love love love those little rosettes!

    ReplyDelete