This past week I finished off a couple of little flannel blankets, as part of a project which the women at church have been doing - to make new quilts for the Intensive Care unit for premature babies at the local hospital. We made about 40 altogether, I think. One of the women donated all the fabric from her extensive collection (!), and I made the zig-zag one, another friend pieced up the chequered one, and I finished them off.
We had to bind them by folding over the backing fabric. I haven't done that kind of binding before, but it turned out OK, and I got to use my nice scalloped stitch to secure it.
All soft and ready to go.