Friday 27 April 2012

70's Birthday Cake & Lemon Cupcakes

 I had a busy baking week last week. I made this cake & cupcakes for two friends' joint 40th birthday party. It was a great night! I danced the night away in my 4 inch platforms (and paid for it the next day!)
The party was themed in green and purple - probably my least favourite colours, so I can't say I really love the cake, though I did like the little records! 
I used a new stencil set for the shapes, though it was a complete nightmare to get the shapes out the cutters. Thank goodness for plunger cutters is all I can say - I used Clickstix cutters for the alphabet, and these pop out dead easily.
I also had one of my very best friends, and her lovely family come to visit last week. It's wonderful to pick up where you left off, as though you had only seen each other the week before, when in fact it has been 4 years! 
I made some lemon cupcakes - real lemon essence in the cake,and buttercream, and lemon curd piped into the centres.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I saw your cake - very beautiful and certainly delicious. I remembered that once did almost the same work on scrap-vinyl plate. If interested - come visit http://freetany.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-am-disco-dancer.html

    ReplyDelete