Saturday 18 February 2017

Pop Up Hot Air Balloon Birthday Card & We R Memory Keepers Frame Punch Board

I've loads of family and friends whose birthdays are in March, so today I have another birthday card to share.
I used the Hot Air Balloon with Pop Up die set by Karen Burniston from Elizabeth Craft Designs, which creates the pop up mechanism, the balloon layers and two smaller clouds.
The two larger clouds are from Papertrey Ink.

The banner die is from an old Papertrey Ink set (Stitched Sentiments), and the stamp is also from Papertrey Ink (April Mini Stamp Set).

You can see the double pop-up mechanism better here.

I added a frame to the bottom of the card, to write a message in, which I cut using my new Frame Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers. I really like this new board! - it's easy to use, and you can pick your own size for the outer frame, with lots of variation to the thickness of the frame walls. It also allows for rounding the corners if you want.

Quite a few people ask me what I do to decorate the outside of my pop-up cards. I usually keep them really simple, as with this one. I just stick another layer of patterned paper on the outside of the card to cover up the hole made by the pop-up mechanism, and add a border.

Links to some of the products I used:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment