Tuesday 24 January 2017

Minc Mini Foil Applicator Gold & Floral Cards

I bought a Minc Mini Foil Applicator a while ago, along with some Minc Reactive gold foil and Minc Toner Paint. I tried them out by sponging the toner paint over some stencils (Tim Holtz Flourish Stencil, and Stampin' Up stencils), letting the paint dry, then running the painted cardstock through the Minc Applicator with some gold foil. I like the beautiful, imperfect, vintagey look that was created (as well as the unbeatable shine!)

Today I got round to finally making some cards with the foiled cardstock backgrounds.

The first card has some layered up Maggie Holmes Open Book flowers, with some droplets of Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine Spritz. (I also painted some of the Color Shine onto the yellow rose, but it's a bit hard to tell in the pictures.)
I used My Favorite Things Brushstoke Birthday Greetings dies layered over green vellum, for the sentiment.

You can get a slightly better idea of the gorgeous shine here!

The second card uses papers from American Crafts Saturday Collection 6x6 pad, more Maggie Holmes flowers, more Color Shine Spritz, and Nuvo Bubblegum Blush Gloss Crystal Drops.
The larger balloon image I stamped with a Reverse Confetti stamp in black, then scanned it into my computer, resized it, and printed it with a laser toner printer, which the foil adhered to when run through the Minc Mini. I cut it out by hand. The other balloon was cut with a die from the Sizzix Balloons Step-ups die set.

My last card uses similar products. I printed the sentiment in black toner ink on black cardstock, then ran it through the Minc Mini with gold foil. I really love how well the Nuvo Crystal Drops turn out - like much more expensive Enamel Dots.

Product Links:


   

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards. I had not had any interest in the Minc idea, but you have just inspired me and changed my mind. Thanks, I think:)

    ReplyDelete