Tuesday 30 September 2014

Pop it Ups Gingerbread House Pivot Christmas Card

Some time back I made a gingerbread house card with some of Karen Burniston's dies for Sizzix, which are now discontinued, so I thought I'd make a similar style card using her beautiful new Elizabeth Craft Design Pop it Ups dies... 
I used the House Pivot Card die to create the dimensional cut, and then the Holiday House die set for the house pieces. The trees are from Karen's Evergreen Pivot Card set.

The background card stock is from First Edition's Nordic Christmas 12x12 pad, and I added some snowflakes to the design, using the snowflakes die from the All Season Tree set. 
All of the white 'icing' details on my gingerbread house, trees and snowflakes are Liquid Pearls.
I cut the wavy snow using a die from the Outdoor Edges set, and embossed the pieces with Elizabeth Craft Design's Lots of Dots folder.

The card stock I used is only one-sided, so I added another layer of patterned paper to the outside of the card, and also covered over the gaps left by the house die cut.
I wrote the 'Merry Christmas' with a calligraphy dip pen and Ecoline liquid watercolour ink.

I hope you like the card... I loved making it, and it reminds me of happy, traditional Christmases!

Links to some of the products used:


   



2 comments:

  1. Well done....love your creations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I think this is a fabulous idea, and yummy enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete