Saturday 7 September 2013

Eileen Hull's Sizzix Canning Jars Gift Holder

It has been a manically busy week - so much for having a rest once the kids went back to school!
I took a while this morning though to make this little gift holder, using Eileen Hull's Scoreboards Canning Jars die.
I cut two of the large jars from mountboard (very thick cardboard bought from a picture framers), plus the middle piece which bends and makes a little holder section in the middle. The die is great, because it cuts thick material with ease, and puts in perfect score lines so it's beautifully easy to fold the pieces where needed.
I then cut more pieces from patterned paper, and glued them to the mountboard pieces, front and back.
I cut an extra mountboard lid, and cut off a section from the top of it, to imitate the old-fashioned metal screw tops of Kilner jars. I painted it with silver Tim Holtz Distress Paint.
 I thought it might be nice to have a window in the jar, so you can see through to the little treat inside (in this case red jelly beans and midget gems!)
I used Karen Burniston's Movers and Shapers Heart & Wings set, by placing the front canning jar piece face up in the Sizzix Base Tray, and laying the Heart Movers and Shapers blade down, on top.
 I then glued some acetate sheeting behind the heart opening, and trimmed off part of the flaps from the centre mountboard piece, so that they couldn't be seen through the window. 
I inked the edges of the separate pieces, then stuck them together with my ATG gun.
I put some sweets in a mini grip-seal bag, which fit into the centre space perfectly.

Products used:


   



2 comments:

  1. You are so creative & clever! I love the project, papers, design. And it's the first canning jar art I liked! Wish I was on the receiving end of it! Ahhh, I can only dream. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little treat holder. Putting the window in the front makes it even more special.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete