Saturday 4 May 2013

Sizzix Flip-its Thank You Cards

Well I had an absolutely lovely birthday on Thursday, and have had a great week enjoying the sunshine, and time with good friends!
I spent some of this morning making a start on Thank you cards, for all my gorgeous birthday gifts!
I like how the Sizzix Flip-its dies make a card come together really quickly.

1. Tanya Whelan papers, with the negative of Tim Holtz's Movers and Shapers Bird cage. (I stuck some blue card on foam pads behind, and added the spaces between the bars with foam pads too.)
 2. I used Karen Burniston's Fancy Frame die - which seems to look great in any style, and on anything!
 3. Papertrey Ink Cloud, Quickutz Raibow, L'i Inkers Sun and Cuttlebug Olivia 'Thanks'.
 4. Dies as above, plus a square Movers and Shapers die to cut a window in the stripey paper. I added some pattern with a die from Karen Burnsiton's Thanks Sizzlits set.
 5. Papertrey Ink's Foxy Stamps and die sets, coloured with Copics.
 6. I used an old Jolee's butterfly sticker, and leaves from the Flowers, Branches and Leaf Sizzlit set.

I was also happy to come across my blog being mentioned in a couple of places lately...
Joanna, over at her beautiful blog 'W Kartkowym Zaciszu', used my 'Super Cheat Cake' recipe to create a lovely version of it, (here's mine:)
and Palak's 'Make it Handmade' blog has included my tutorial for a lined pencil case in her round-up of Teacher Appreciation gifts (#10 down at the bottom!):
Isn't blogging fun?!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! It's a great tutorial... but I wish I had seen that cake first! Yummmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed saying so on the day. These cards are really fun!

    ReplyDelete