Saturday 11 May 2013

Pop 'n Cuts & Tim Holtz Steampunk attempt!

I had a go at a card today which is way out of my comfort zone - grungy, masculine, steampunk is definitely not my norm, but playing with all that paint looked too much fun to miss out on, so this is my attempt! (My hands are completely covered in paint, and you should see the state of my craft area!)

 I used lots of Tim Holtz and Karen Burniston Sizzix dies: Pop 'n Cuts with Label insert, Fancy Frame, Gadget Gears, Elegant Flourishes, Festive Greenery, Weathered Clock, and also X-Cuts Cogs, Nestibilities Label 1, Diamond Plate Texture fade, plus a tape measure embossing folder, the make of I can't remember.
I used some gold spray paint, plus Tim Holtz Distress paint in Brushed Pewter and Black Soot, Ultra Thick embossing enamel and Crackle Accents.
The stamps are from Inkadinkado 'Amazing Travels' and Stampin' Up 'Just My Type'.

 I'm putting the card in:
Penny's Paper-Crafty challenge to use die cuts,
The Perfect Sentiments Dry Embossing challenge,
Totally Gorgeous's 'Anything goes with Swirls',
and on MIM's blog too.

Product Links:


   

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I totally agree about the state of the studio after a grungy card, though! So worth it, though - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is such a rockin' card! Grunge is in your wheelhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Helen. I came across your blog from MIM and you are very creative. have become your newest follower
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow - so much dimension and texture. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, You did a wonderful job. What does the front look like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that diamond plate template! It's so good for sooo many things! Well done, well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete