Monday 13 May 2013

Opening Door + Pop 'n Cuts!

Whilst on the theme of doors, I wondered what would happen if I combined Karen Burniston's Opening Door die, with her Pop 'n Cuts die...
I marked out where I wanted the opening of the door to go, on a card front I had already covered with patterned paper, and cut the opening by hand. I then added the door die-cut, and a cut down section from the Pop 'n cuts inside.
 I then covered the working parts of the card, and the surroundings in co-ordinating papers.
 Front of the card (with papers from Teresa Collins' 'Now and Then' pad, and heart/ribbon die from Memory Box, cut from paper-backed satin.)
 The door open, with the panel attached to the Pop 'n Cuts mechanism showing through. (Letters from Tim Holtz's 'Typeset' die, Poppy Stamp Vintage Bird Cage, and Marianne Collectables bird.)
Inside of the card opened up. (With Chevron dies by Papertrey Ink.)
It's a lot of fun thinking of new combinations for Karen's super dies!!


3 comments:

  1. You are so clever! Love this combination of dies and it's a beautiful color scheme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6/1/2016 Hi Helen, I am looking to purchase the Sizzix Karen Burniston die Door & wreath.
    Any chance you would sell yours? Thanks, Pam DeK, Arizona. Darylpam@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, sorry, I'm rather fond of this die and would like to hang on to it, Helen.

      Delete