Sunday 7 April 2013

Blue Birthday Card

A birthday card for an old friend I went to university with...
 I used the following blog challenges as inspiration:
Mojo Monday's Layout...
 also, Simon Says Stamp & Show 'Anything Goes' challenge,
Sweet Stampin's 'Scallops' challenge,
Shabby Tea Room's challenge to use blue, white/cream, kraft and a sentiment, 
Simon Says Stamp's 'Happy Birthday' challenge,
and Totally Gorjuss' challenge to include sparkle (it's a little hard to see in the picture, but the swirls are cut from glitter card, and the vellum butterflies have lovely sparkly flecks embedded in them.)
I used Melissa Frances papers (which I added blue Copics to, to get the shade of blue I wanted), and the resin swirl and corner elements are by Melissa Frances too. The cardstock swirls are from Sizzlits 'Label & Flourish' and 'Phrase, For you w/Swirls'.
The large butterflies are from a Stampin' Up punch, the leaves from a Martha Stewart punch, and the scalloped circles are from Spellbinders.
I added Liquid Pearl drops around the stamped sentiment.


(A little later...)
I was an 'Honorable Mention Cups of Tea' over at The Shabby Tea Room for this card!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Beautiful. I love the soft, vintage colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL WORK! Thanks so much for linking up with us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for sharing your gorgeous card with us in the Shabby Tea Room! The colours are so soft and pretty,love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is just stunning! Absolutely beautifully made! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen

    Fabulous card - the colour scheme is just lovely.

    Thank you for joining us over at Totally Gorjuss and I wish you the very best of luck.

    I hope you will come and join in the fun with us on our next challenge.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Toodle Pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen, I've finally found your blog- thankyou for the lovely card- what a nice surprise to come home to today!
    Take care,
    RebeccaXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca! I started making it late, and then took ages to post it too... sorry!
      I'm so chuffed to see you on facebook!!!

      Delete