Saturday 2 February 2013

New Home Card

 I used the sketch over at Mojo Monday to make a New Home card for some friends who recently moved, and are not having things go too smoothly for them.
 I also liked the challenge at Cute Card Thursday, to fancy up one of the corners a bit...
I used a Stampin' Up house stamp from a roller wheeler for the image, coloured with Copics, and papers from Papertrey Ink. The washi tapes I had weren't really the right colour to match the rust coloured paper, so I coloured over the pink roses and red spotty tape with a rust brown Copic pen.

I also had a little crafting companion today... my youngest (still in his pyjamas...what else are Saturdays for?!) He got some pastels from my parents for Christmas, and has been really enjoying them.
I love this picture of him blending a sunset, over a meadow of daffodils (so he tells me).
He discovered that the images transfer once he closed his book, so took advantage of this to draw one flower on each side, then rub the pages together to double them!
And the same technique here.
I absolutely love it when my kids get satisfaction from crafting. So glad I haven't really put them off it (which they all claim!)

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet card. Great coloring.
    Looks like your son has picked up your crafty side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just gorgeous, love the little flags embellishing the corner.
    Fabulous artwork by your son too!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete