Wednesday 16 June 2010

Amy's Quilt

I got the top finished for my niece Amy's quilt today. I appliqued on her name and a kite (a hobby of her Dad's - he even managed to knock out one of my son's teeth with a kite once!), and chain stitched the string. Bit screwed up looking here - didn't get round to ironing it yet!(You can see the kite pattern a bit better on this one)Also today, the post lady brought me a new Sizzix die cutter - I have fancied doing a hand-sewn hexagon quilt since I saw a fantastic one at the quilt show last Saturday. The hexagons are quite small - 2'', so it will take me forever! (I let Harry choose the fabrics for the first 3 hexagons!)
I also got another block done for my 'Traditional Quilt'.

1 comment:

  1. WEll dearest Helen, you have done it again...left me aweeed by your creation...this young AMY will no doubt be comforted by all the love in your design...simply put....Heavenly.
    blessings ms

    ReplyDelete