Tuesday 16 June 2020

My New Facebook Page & Shop

For a couple of weeks now, I've been working on a project which both excites me and scares me silly - a Facebook Page selling my own artwork!
I painted (using either watercolours or acrylics on A4 sized watercolour paper) a personalised design for each of my nieces and nephews. I've really enjoyed it, and thought I'd like to do similar work for others, so I'm in the process of photographing them all and uploading them to a Facebook Shop, as examples.

I'm full of doubts - firstly will anyone like them? Have I got the level of detail right? (I can create much more detailed and time consuming pieces, but then they won't be easily re-creatable or affordable...) Is the price right? (I'd like them to be accessible for people, but also want to place respectable value on my time.) Will people think I overestimate my abilities?! (I know there are a million more accomplished people than me out there!) More than anything though, I'm loving it! Since we moved to Cornwall, I haven't had a job, so I'd like to give this little venture a go, while I have some time and mental space. Fingers crossed!!

If you are interested in looking, my new Facbook Page is here.
It's doesn't yet have all the options uploaded yet, but will do within the next couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment