Tuesday 3 December 2019

Karen Burniston Design Team Challenge - Parcel Pop-Up Christmas Card

It's Karen Burniston's Design Team challenge today with the theme of 'SURPRISE!'
Here's my card using one the new die sets from Karen Burniston's November 2019 release - the Parcel Pop-Up.
The card creates the action of the item inside the parcel rising up out of the parcel when the card opens. In this case I added some tissue paper, and lots of stars on clear supports, as the contents of the parcel.
All the patterned papers are from Carta Bella's 'Snow Much Fun' 12x12 collection.


 I used heavy clear acetate packaging cut into strips for the star supports, and added some to the inner surface of the package, and some to the mechanism behind, so you get a layered effect.
The two star sizes are both dies from the Surprise Ball Pop-Up set.

 For the sentiment, I used the Merry Christmas die, layered, and added some hand cut holly leaves.

On the card front, I just layered label dies from the Katherine Label Pop-Up set, and a bow that comes with the Parcel Pop-Up set, which I hand cut into layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment