Monday 7 October 2019

Space Rocket Pop-Up Birthday Card

Here's a Rocket Pop-up card I made over the weekend, using Karen Burniston's brilliant Rocket Pop-up die set.
Most of my patterned papers are still in storage, so I made a background for the card using Tim Holtz Oxide Inks on black cardstock.
The Rocket Pop-up die set is straightforward to use, and comes together really quickly. When the card opens, the rocket is launched up above the card.

I teamed it with Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday die.

I added a little glitter cardstock space man from Karen Burniston's Space Charms die set, and used part of the moon from the Rocket Pop-up set. I added some black acrylic paint to all the moon pieces which I die cut from silver mirror card, and added stars with Tim Holtz's Crescent Moon and Stars Sizzix die.

For the card front, I used an oval from the Ovals - Crosshatch set, and the little alien and spaceship are from the Space Charms set.

Just a further picture to show the mechanism which holds the rocket up when the card opens - I think it's really clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment