Tuesday 1 January 2019

Karen Burniston Circle Charm Pop-Up Happy New Year Card

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It's Karen Burniston's Design Team Challenge today, with the theme of 'New' - to try something new to us. I decided to set myself the challenge of relying mainly on rubber stamps to decorate my card - not a new thing for many, but definitely for me, who usually relies heavily on patterned papers and dies.

I used the Circle Charm Pop-up die set for the card base, and made a patterned background using Stampin' Up's 'Dotty Angles' set with Broken China Distress Oxide ink, overlaid with Heidi Swapp's Gold Color Shine spray.
I stamped the 2019 with Stampin' Up's 'Number of Years' set. I hand cut the numbers, and used the accompanying dies for gold cardstock shadows.
The Happy is cut from Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday die.

For the card front, I created the same patterned background, and used a stamp from Concord & 9th's 'Rainbow Wishes' set for the sentiment.

For finishing touches inside the card, I added some bunting flags in the top left-hand corner, and a pair of balloons, one using a stamp from Stampin' Up's 'Balloon Bash' set, to the right-hand corner.

Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment