Friday 16 February 2018

Have a Whale of a Birthday Cake Pop-Up Card

I thoroughly enjoyed making this card in my sunny dining room this afternoon!
It's a slightly unusual themed card (an under the sea birthday cake!), but I think Karen Burniston's new Cake Pop-Up die set is great for animating anything!
I bought a couple of new Sizzix die sets a while ago, and wanted to try them out - they are the 'Under the Sea' and 'Paper Cuts Alphabet' Thinlit sets.


To decorate the cake I added scalloped trim that comes with the cake set, and used two yellow seaweed pieces attached to the top of the cake, either side of a whale.
To make the whale, I sandwiched some wire between two whale die cuts, and then between various sized water droplets.

 I used Studio Calico's 'Printshop' 12x12 paper pad for most of the patterned papers, plus a couple from Prima's 'All About Me' 6x6 pad.
I attached the letters with Fineline glue.

I used dies from the Sizzix 'Under the Sea' die set for the card front.

Product Links:

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic dimensional card. Love all the colours and die cut details. Thanks very much for joining in the fun @ Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete