Monday 29 January 2018

Spinner Square Pop-Up Mermaid Birthday Card

I love the mechanism of this card - it really was fun to make! The Spinner Square Pop-Up die set is one of the new sets from Karen Burniston, and includes all the layered squares, speech bubble and the hidden pop-up mechanism which includes a side part which swings down into place when the card opens.
All the papers are from First Edition's 'Paradise Crush' 12x12 pad.

You can see how the side arm swings up again, as the card closes.

To the left of the card I added a beach cut with a stitched edge die from the Tropical Scene set. The little star fish and shells are also from the same set, and the palm trees are from the new Palm Tree Pop-Up die set.
I added a few drops of Bubblegum Blush Nuvo Crystal Drops, plus some to the shells in Bubblegum Blush and Sugared Almond.

On the pop-up square, I added some layers, and a mermaid from the Princess and Mermaid die set, with Bubblegum Blush Nuvo Crystal Drops cheeks.

On the swing out mechanism, I added a speech bubble, with another one with the pointed bit snipped off. I used stamps from Concord & 9th's 'Hooray' set, with VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, heat set.
The gorgeous little turtle is from Karen's new Sea Animals die set.

For the card front I layered up some card stock and used a beach silhouette from the Tropical Scene die set. On the Happy Birthday die cut I used Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink with a blending tool to create an ombre effect.
I glued on sequins with liquid glue from a fine tipped bottle.

Product Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment