Tuesday 26 December 2017

Happy 2018 Twist Panel Pop-Up Card

Happy Boxing Day!! It's a lovely peaceful day, with time for crafting!

I've been really busy studying for some assessments lately, and didn't send many Christmas cards, so I thought it might be nice to make some New Year cards instead.

This is for an American friend who loves books. I used some papers and stickers from the Front Porch range by American Crafts - a nice mixture of nature and books.
I used Karen Burniston's Twist Panel Pop-Up die set for the card base, which also includes the bunting flag dies.

 For the first panel I added a tree from the Tree Pop-Up die set, and cut some leaf clumps, a few of which I coloured with Copics.
I used a 'Happy' die from the Word Set 2: Birthday Die set, and cut '2018' with Neat and Tangled's Journaling Numbers die set.

I love the mechanism of the Twist Panel card! Here it is when it first starts to open.

...and a little more open, as the panels start to twist into their upright position.

I added a strip of contrasting patterned paper along the bottom of the card, and left a blank panel to write a message on.

I made an envelope, and added some decoration to the card front.

The start of my Happy 2018 card project!

Product Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment