Tuesday 5 September 2017

Karen Burniston's New Design Team First Challenge - House & Fence New Home Card

So, if you hadn't already heard, Karen Burniston of Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts and Elizabeth Craft Designs Pop It Ups fame now has her own die company, KB Riley LLC! All of Karen's new die designs are as ingenious and fun to use as ever!!

I'm happy to say that I'm on the Design Team for Karen's new company, where we will be having a Design Team Challenge on the first Tuesday of every month.
The theme for our first ever challenge is 'Signature Style', so I decided to use a mixture of patterned papers, and create a little scene, incorporating bunting somewhere!


I used Karen's new House & Fence Pop-Up die set, which includes all the dies for creating this gorgeous little house. I used some paper backed hessian, and papers from Crate Paper's 'Oh Darling' 6x6 pad.
I created some greenery in the front garden using the Nature Edges die set, and added flowers from the Tree Pop-Up die set, with Bubblegum Blush Nuvo Crystal Drop centres.
I also used the Nature Edges dies for the hill and cloud layers in the background.

I also added a little path, made using another die that comes in the House & Fence set.
For the sentiment I used a 'Happy' die from Karen's Word Set 2: Birthday die set, some alphabet stamps, and a label from the Katherine Label Pop-Up die set.

The fence die also comes in the House & Fence set. I added two lengths to the front of the raised platform (more about that in a minute), folding one section back to make a gate. I added grass from the Nature Edges die set, and made a mini sign and length of bunting.

The House & Fence set comes with a die that creates a 'floating floor'. It's simple to make, and creates a pop-up section for the house (or anything else) to attach to, and two tabs which I attached the greenery to. Having the raised floor means that the tabs fold down flat when the card is closed.

The card front.

So anyway, I'm excited to be on Karen's new Design Team, and can't wait to be using more of her dies soon! You might like to take a look at all her new range, here!

Other products used:


   

7 comments:

  1. your card is just beautiful, and congratulations on getting on the design team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great use of the dies Helen. I love your style and always enjoy your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card front was a tease for the great little home inside. This would be a fun card to give to someone with a new home and customize it to resemble their house. I LOVE that little house - so sweet. You have great style and the card even reflects the same feeling as your blog banner. Really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on becoming a team member. Your card is really darling and we all know how this house and all creative houses have style forever and always. enjoyed studying your stylish house

    ReplyDelete