Sunday 2 April 2017

Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks with Sizzix Circle & Star Flip-Its Cards

 You might have worked out by now that Sizzix Flip-its cards are a real favourite of mine! They are always so quick to make, and I love the dies which create the perfect layer shapes.
My Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks arrived yesterday, and I wanted to make some splatter effect patterned paper, to decorate a couple of Flip-its cards.

I used Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brisk and Wilted Violet inks, which I dabbed onto a non-stick sheet, sprayed with water, then splattered onto card stock with a paintbrush. I made sure each colour dried before adding the next colour.

For my first card, I used My Favorite Things 'Jungle Friends' die set for the elephants, and a heart from the Accordion Oval die set.

Look at that cute tail shadow!!

For my second card, I used my new Star Flip-its, which I love, along with Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint inks.

For both of my cards, I made the splatter panels as described above (ink dabbed on non-stick sheet, water added, paintbrush splatted), and also made some solid-ish coloured panels from which to do smaller die cuts, by splooshing the card stock around in the ink.

Look at that yummy, chalky (yet non-transerable) colour!!
For the sentiment I stamped with VersaMark ink a stamp from Paper Smooch's 'Sentiment Sampler' onto navy card stock, and white heat embossed it.

Here's another card I made a while ago using the same die set, Stampin' Up papers and Reverse Confetti's 'Whole Lotta Happy' stamp set, white heat embossed.

Links for some of products used:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment