Saturday 23 April 2016

Karen Burniston Cake Pop Up Birthday Card

So I actually managed to make three cards during my crafting session today... (I also made three different curries for dinner - it's been a cards 'n' curry kind of day!) Anyway, for my second card, I used one of Karen Burniston's brilliant die sets, the Cake Pop Up set.

I cut the pop up cake die into some gorgeous My Mind's Eye Jubilee Collection Mint Julep patterned paper with foil hearts, and cut my own shapes for the three cake layers. I used the middle candle support to attach the top cake layer to, and added a larger candle from the Gift Card Accordion die set.

I used the scalloped dies in the set to add icing to the cake layers, and added an extra layer which I had trimmed down, to the top of the cake stand, for dimension.

I used the 'Celebrate' die from the Flourish Gift Frame die set, and one of Karen's older Sizzix dies for the curly borders.
I added sequin trim (from Stampin' Up), and blended on Festive Berries Distress Ink around the edges of the card, which the foil hearts on the patterned paper resisted beautifully.
I then added a string of bunting at the top of the card.

Links to products used:


   

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully festive card. Love the topsy layers, gold accents and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete