Tuesday 14 April 2015

Sock Monkey Accordion Circle Birthday Card - April's Designer Challenge

Well I've been back from America for three days now, and it's been a case of jet lag (and keeping 4 kids with jet lag - one of them ill - on an even keel), slipped disc problems with my back, unpacking, washing, and sorting out the HUGE amount of hassle that results from having loads of our stuff stolen while in San Francisco! (We did have an amazing trip apart from that though!!)

Anyway, a morning of loud upbeat music, sunshine, and card making with bright colours has me smiling again :)

This is my card for Karen Burniston's April Designer Challenge... to make an Accordion card. I used the Accordion Circle Card, Happy Birthday from the Happy Birthday PopUp die set, and adapted Honey the Bear into a sock monkey!


I used Adhesive Velvet from Elizabeth Craft Designs for the Happy Birthday.
For my sock monkey, I hand cut a mouth piece, added lips from the Props 1 set, and hand cut some new longer arms and a tail.

I added some K&Co stickers to the third panel, and made some simple candles from paper straws, with hand cut flames, for the last panel.

Some of the products used:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment