Friday 13 February 2015

Valentines Cards (With Sizzix Flip-its, Tim Holtz & Papertrey Ink)

I just wanted to show you the Valentines cards I've made for my family this year. I loved making them!! Playing with paper, with a big fat smile on my face!

For my husband's card, I used the Sizzix Flip-its Circle #4 die, the centre circle of which happens to fit absolutely perfectly with Tim Holtz's Sizzix Vintage Globe die.
I stuck a grey cardstock globe to the back of the circle, and then die cut it again in grey, and snipped a portion of the globe stand out, and stuck it to the card front.

I then glued on a blue globe layer, and the countries I snipped out of a green die cut, and stuck on with little foam pads, after inking all the edges.

The papers are all from Basic Grey's Mon Ami 6x6 pad.

I also stuck a silver glitter card die cut arrow (from Tim Holtz's Sizzix Artful Arrows die) to the left-hand card panel.


Inside the card, I stuck another arrow, and words cut with Elizabeth Craft Design's Alphabet 1 -Caps. I stuck ECD's wide tape to the back of some card, to turn the letter die cuts into stickers.
The heart is a die from Lil' Inkers.

On the back of the card, I had an ink splodge, so covered it with a strip of grey card. I added another heart (and arrow) from Lil' Inkers, and more letters from ECD.

For my kids' cards, I used a Stampin' Up embossing folder on some card blanks, cut little frames with the 'Framed Out' die from Papertrey Ink, and added their initial in the first frame, a heart from Lil' Inker in the second, and a stamp from the matching 'Framed Out' stamp set.


Some of the products used:


   

1 comment:

  1. Helen, I love the use of the Artful Arrows die! Spectacular card!!!

    ReplyDelete