Hello everyone! Today I'm on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog with a Spiral Circle Pull Card tutorial for you.
I was browsing through my patterned paper pads, and a turquoise and gold paper caught my eye, and was the inspiration for this card. Someone asked me a while ago where I get the inspiration for my cards, and I'd have to say it usually does comes from patterned papers - the colours and style of pattern always seem to create a 'theme' for the rest of the card.
Directions for making the card:
1. Cut out a pale turquoise piece of card stock measuring 5.5'' x 8''. Fold it in half, and open out again.
2. Use the Spiral Circle Pull Card die to create the additional folds and half-circle cut.
3. Cut two strips of patterned paper, each measuring 5.5'' x 1.5'', and adhere them to the outer edges of the card.
4. Cut a piece of pale turquoise card stock measuring 5.5'' x 2.5'', and emboss it using the Trendy Tiles 1 Embossing Folder. Adhere it to the right-hand side of the card, next to the patterned paper.
5. Cut out a large and small flower from turquoise glitter card stock, using the Crystal Flower Set 1. Cut out a large and small flower from gold card stock, using the Crystal Flower Overlay Set 1.
6. Cut a circle from contrasting patterned paper, using the circle die from the Clocks and Gears die set, and another smaller circle using the circle die in the Spiral Circle Pull Card set.
7. Cut another circle using the circle die in the Spiral Circle Pull Card set, from gold cardstock, and then die cut the Thank You Stand Up Helper into the centre of it. Trim away the top half of the circle, so you are left with a piece as shown at the bottom of the picture below.
8. Glue the centres of the Crystal Flower Overlays onto the glitter flowers of the corresponding size, and add a brad
through the centres.
9. Adhere the larger contrasting patterned paper circle to the front of the floating circle, and glue the layered flower on top.
10. Inside the card, adhere the smaller patterned paper circle, with the 'Thank You' piece on top.
11. Cut four Big Triple Leaf pieces from gold card stock. Adhere two to the card front, and two inside, as shown below.
12. Glue a sheer ribbon bow to the leaf stems on the card front.
13. Finally, add some Lace Fan 1 Gold Peel-Off Stickers down the sides of the patterned paper strips, and also below the 'Thank You'.
Some of the products used: