Hi everyone! Here's a tutorial I have on the Elizabeth Craft Design blog today.
The new Summer Release from Elizabeth Craft Designs will be available SO soon, and I made a simple Stand Up card using a couple of the new products - the Rainy Day die set, the Thinking of You Stand Up Helper, and a new colour Shimmer Sheetz. I wanted to show how easy the Stand Up Helpers are.
1. Cut a piece of thick double-sided patterned paper to 12'' x 4.5'', and two strips of the same paper, 1.25'' x 4.5'' (ie. The light blue strip, and diagonal patterned strip, in the picture below.)
2. Cut a 3'' square of Light Blue Metallic Shimmer Sheetz, and emboss it with the Lots of Dots embossing folder.
3. Cut a 3.25'' square of contrasting patterned paper, and adhere the Shimmer Sheetz square to the centre of it.
4. Cut a thin strip of the contrasting patterned paper .5'' x 4.5''
5. Cut out an umbrella, hand cut 2 contrasting umbrella panels, cut two lots of boots, and two flowers and flower centres.
6. Fold the big sheet of paper in half, and fold one half in half again. Place the Stand Up Helper die half way down the unfolded side, and die cut, as shown below.
7. Adhere the Shimmer Sheetz square so that about a third of it sticks up over the top of the fold, on the top half of the card.
8. Use a glue pen and small self-adhesive foam pads to adhere the other card elements as shown in the picture below.
9. Stick the remaining 1.25'' x 4.5'' strip of patterned paper to the underneath of the card, covering the hole left by the Stand Up helper die cut.
I hope that if you haven't tried making a Stand Up card yet, that you'll be inspired to give one a go!
Some of products used: