Monday 19 May 2014

Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups May Designer Challenge Butterfly Pivot Card

 Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog for this month is 'Fly' - however we want to interpret it! I have probably gone for the least original option, but I've had the thought of wanting to make the Butterfly Pivot Card die into the centre of a swathe of butterflies for a while now, so here's my card.


I just started with a plain pink cardstock background, with plain pink strips down the back/front of the card to infill the gaps created by the Butterfly Pivot die.
I added border strips of patterned paper with shaped edges, and swirls from the Agatha Edges set.
I then cut out loads of varying sized butterflies using the Butterfly Accessory Dies set, and glued them all ove the place!

The front is just a continuation of the inside theme, with a sentiment stamp.

When I was sticking on the butterflies, I added a few extra ones to the pop out butterfly parts too. You might be able to see them slightly better here.

Some of the products used:


   

8 comments:

  1. Bring. On. The. Butterflies. Love this Helen!!!!!!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen A., bring on the butterflies. This is such a pretty card Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the butterflies that are flying out of this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and light feeling - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use your cards often as inspiration. I pin your cards a lot but don't comment much. My pinterest board shows a great body of work made by you. I love pinterest for that reason. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Theresa - I really do appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. i love this card. i am always amazed by your use of color and space and always take extra time to study your work and you never stop surprising me!
    i fell in love with the "woodsy" character of the patterned paper you use in this card. could you tell me who makes it and the name, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gladys, thank you very much for your lovely compliment! It means a lot!
      The paper I used is from MME's Bramble Rose 12x12 pad.
      Kind regards, Helen

      Delete