Monday 24 March 2014

Elizabeth Craft Design Fancy Label Accordion Cupcakes Card

Hello! This is my blog post which is on the Elizabeth Craft Design Blog today.
I'd like to share a card with you which features the delightful Cup Cake Peel-Off Stickers, on the Accordion Fancy Label Card.
I started by sticking some Transparent Double Sided Adhesive onto white card stock, and adding the peel-off stickers, then some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.  I then coloured in the stickers with the Copic markers pictured. Els has a great tutorial on the best way to do all of this, here.
I also wanted a glittered 'Happy Birthday', and achieved this by adding a strip cut from Double Sided Adhesive to some pink card stock. I added some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, rubbed it in with my finger, then die-cut the 'Happy Birthday'.
Here are the die-cut elements I used for my card:
You can see that I cut four panels with the Fancy Label Accordion die, four borders for each panel with a Fancy Frame Edges die, and a middle layer for each panel (with one of the other dies in the Fancy Label Accordion set).
I lightly embossed each of these smaller layers with a different Elizabeth Craft Design Embossing Folder (which are listed at the bottom.) I also cut out the cupcakes, plus three extra little peel-off sticker candles, an extra 'Happy Birthday' from black card stock, and three little diamonds to go in the corner of each panel. (The diamond die also comes in the Fancy Label Accordion set.) Click on the photo if you want to see it in more detail.
To give a little extra definition to each of my die-cut pieces, I inked the edges of them, with black ink on a sponge dabber.
I then adhered all the elements of my card, working on a panel at a time, and sticking the four panels together last. You can see below that I layered the pink glittered 'Happy Birthday' over the black one, to give a little shadow, and I also added a peel-off bow to the first panel.
I stuck the candles and cupcakes on with foam pads for extra dimension.
I thought my card would be finished then, but it looked a little plain, so I die cut some card stock flowers with the 'Bunches of Flowers 1' die set, and glued them over the little diamonds in each corner, along with a candy dot centre in each. I like how the little diamonds now look like leaves.
I hope you like my finished card! I think it will be  for my little niece's birthday.

Some of the products used:


   

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Helen, love the colors you've chosen. The little flowers in the corners really adds so much to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, I just love your cupcake accordion card. I have been trying for ages to get Elizabeth Craft peel-offs and glitter, but without success. I am in the UK and wondered whether you would be able to tell me where I can get the supplies. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete