Wednesday 26 February 2014

Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team & A Pop It Ups Teapot Card

I have the happy news that I've been invited to be on Elizabeth Craft Designs' first ever Design Team!
The Design Team will regularly be posting on ECD's new blog. Karen Burniston's fantastic Pop It Ups dies are part of ECD's product range, and I have been getting more familiar with the rest of the range, which I can tell you - is a whole heap of fun!


This wonderful lot arrived in the post this morning!

Els van de Burgt recently did a great You Tube video, showing a technique where a peel-off sticker is placed onto some double sided adhesive (stuck to white cardstock), then sprinkled with Warm Diamond Microfine Glitter. The glitter is rubbed in well, which creates a very smooth shimmery surface, which can then be coloured with Copics or other alcohol pens.
This was the first thing I wanted to try, as I've never used the Silk Microfine Glitter before.
Instead of a peel-off though, (I didn't want to waste one on my first ever attempt at this), I used a die cut Teapot and Cups. After colouring with Copics, I cut out the shapes, and added them to the Lucy Label Pop Up card.
I added really pretty peel-off borders, and ECD 'Thinking of You' die cuts, for a simple card design.
The colouring-in is really enjoyable - my friend Donna came over, and we made her a Teapot to colour too... we were sitting there colouring away, as happy as anything!
And look at the beautiful shimmer... (I should also note that as a messy worker, I am also shimmering away too!)

Links to some of the products used:


   

7 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on this card! The glitter sure looks amazing! Lovely overall :)
    hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing package and an amazing card you created from a few of the contents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Helen! That is an amazing card & lots of lovely goodies you've received. I wouldn't wait to dive into that glitter either.....it's a glitter party! I'll be right over for a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Helen: I thought you were already on the design. How could you NOT be? I am always inspired by your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B E A U T I F U L, Helen! Wow - now I have to add that teapot die set to my 'Wish List'. Beautifully coloured and I love all the shimmer & shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!!! Wow do I love this. I, too, have glitter everywhere. I have a Kuerig, so no coffee filters. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete