Tuesday 19 November 2013

Pop 'n Cuts & Purple Onion Hot Chocolate Christmas Card

So I had made my card for Karen's Designer Challenge this month (to use Red, and some of her Stitched Framelit dies - check out the Sizzix Blog later this week), but last night I had another idea which I wanted to try out...
This time I used the Pop 'n Cuts A2 card base die, with the Mug & Heart insert.
 I cut out the mug and heart separately again in different papers (all the papers are from October Afternoon), and added some Copic shading to the mug. I hand cut some glitter card marshmallows, and a contrasting stripe around the mug. The stamp is 'Snowy', from Purple Onion Designs, and he also got Copic-ed...
 I used Karen's Sassy Labels and Stitched Frames Framelit set, to make the cream labels, and I used a couple more Purple Onion Design stamps for the sentiment, from the Holidoodle, and Mini Mini Holiday sets. I used a Die-namics die for the swirls, and added some hand cut holly leaves, and buttons.
 I thought I would also be good, and do a card front design (something I don't always get round to doing on my Pop 'n Cut cards!)
I used the same swirl die, and a punch for the mini snow flakes, then the red border was from Karen's Banner and Borders Thinlits set.
I stamped the green card stock with Vintage Snowflake stamps and another Snowflake stamp set from Purple Onion, in VersaMark Ink. The bunny is another stamp from Purple Onion, called 'Birch'.

Some of products used:


   

6 comments:

  1. So pretty, I like the color combo, those sparkly marshmallows & how you split the Sassy Label in the inside. ....I'll have to remember to that one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen this is SUCH a wonderful Christmas card. I love your colour combo (as always), and a PLAID mug? Brilliant! I have lots of plaid paper I was just going to use for masculine birthday cards to donate to Seniors Secret Service. But I think I may have to keep back a sheet to make MUGS. :-)
    Love your details - and sparkly marshmallows, and colouring and ........... EVERYTHING!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squeal how cute is this card ... I love that owl sitting on the mug ... love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Helen, this is soooo cute !! I love it. You are such an inspiration for me !! Thank you for that :).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, Just to let you know what a great job you did on this fab card, in fact so well, I have just found all the supplies to make it for next Christmas, thanks so much for the inspiration...all the best to you, keep up the great job....

    ReplyDelete